And what I made was possibly the best thing I've ever made, I'm serious. I made handi-banana bread. SO FREAKING GOOD. It didn't taste handi at all. Light, fluffy, moist. It had everything going. I use past tense because we got drunk and it's obviously all gone now.
- not grainy at all, which I wasn't expecting
- no rise time, because my poor stomach can't even handle yeast
- stupid good
- I didn't use a recipe, or even measure anything
1.5 cups brown rice flour
0.5 cups white rice flour
2 tbsp tapioca starch
2 tsp guar gum
1 tbsp baking powder
0.5 tsp salt
0.25 cup oil
a bunch of water, maybe 3 cups? maybe more (sorry) (UPDATE: 1.5 cups was enough.)
(If you want the banana bread, add 2 bananas, 1/2 cup carob chips, and 1/2 cup sugar)
1. Set oven for 350, oil a bread pan, and mix them dry ingredients.
2. Add the wet ingredients, and when you add the water make sure it's just a big goopy mess. The trick to baking with rice flour is to add twice the liquid you would use for wheat flour.
3. Slop that delicious mess into your bread pan, and pop it in the oven for like... 30 mins.