Monday, May 27, 2013

Pasta fun~

So, I'm moving and can't be bothered to cook at all. I'm eating a lot of sushi lately. However, I did make a wonderful meal for my aunt a while back. It was spaghetti with prawns and coconut mocha panna cotta for dessert.
My foolproof recipe for pasta is so simple!
1 can of whole plum tomatoes
1 diced onion
2 or 3 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp oil
Some salt and pepper
Some white wine

First you gotta heat a pan up on medium heat with oil, then add onions and garlic. When your onions are soft, deglaze with white wine. After you just squeeze the whole tomatoes into the pan. That's my favourite part, but it's also kind of messy. Don't pour the rest of the tomato juice in, you get enough juice from the whole tomatoes. Then add your S and P. Reduce until it's as thick as you like it. That's it.

The reason you don't use fresh tomatoes is because they (I don't really know who "they" are personally) pick them while they're still green and add colour artificially or wait for them to ripen off the vine. The canned tomatoes get picked just when they're perfect and stay that way until they get to you.

This post is probably just a bunch of babble, and I'm sorry. It is a good recipe, and you should try it, but I'm too tired to English.

Blessed be the cheesemakers. (I'm watching Life of Brian.)

Later Days,
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment